Let’s be honest – loose fitting sweaters, balloon tops and baggy pants are great to hide the winter weight. But, no one looks super sassy sporting these looks on a warm spring day, much less in a muumuu at the beach. Tick tock, people – It’s already April. It’ll be bikini weather before you know it!
So with summer and thus, swimsuit season, looming – it’s time to shed the January jowl, February fat and even the March mushiness.
Today I sought to create the perfectly filling chop chop salad – no lettuce included. I don’t love the lettuce.
Chop Chop! No Lettuce Salad (serves 4 as a side or 2+ as a meal)
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 orange bell pepper -or yellow, or if you had to, red
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds – no salt
- 1 piece prosciutto
- Ray’s Low-Fat Italian salad dressing
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel about half of the cucumber – the skin of an english cucumber or hothouse cucumber is AOK to eat – but take a bit off anyway like this
2. Dice the cucumber into small squares. i made 1/4 inch rounds and then cut 4 x 4 or 4×3 depending upon the slice size. Throw them in a bowl
3. Do the same thing – core and dice a whole pepper. I bought two – but one was just fine. Throw the dices in the bowl with the cucumber
4. Throw the shredded carrots in! I bought them already shredded since price-wise it was the same and saved me the work!
5. Dice up the Gruyere cheese and yes, then throw it in the bowl
6. Mix it all up.
7. Option – take one slice of prosciutto and place it between two pieces of paper towel and microwave it on high for 1 minute
8. Portion out one serving into a bowl and top with 1 tsp of sunflower seeds and some of the crispy prosciutto
9. Top with 1 tbsp of Ken’s Steakhouse Italian dressing. Stir and enjoy
Listen, people – the clock is running. You can’t stop summer from coming and it’s time to get prepared. So Chop to it!
Great stuff! A bit Mediterranean which I like. Plus I HATE washing the lettuce. Thanks for this!